Callahan Unveils Plan to Spur Job Creation and Repair the Economy
Callahan Criticizes Dent for Supporting Failed Economic Policies and for having the Wrong Priorities
BETHLEHEM, PA. - Today Congressional challenger and Bethlehem Mayor John Callahan laid out his Five-Point Plan to spur job creation and repair the economic damage caused by years of failed policies supported by Congressman Charlie Dent.
The pillars of Callahan's jobs plan - reducing debt, helping small businesses, closing corporate loopholes, and improving education - make it clear that working and middle class families in the Lehigh Valley will be his top priority in Congress.
Callahan's plan and priorities stand in marked contrast to Dent's record: voting to add $3 trillion to the national debt, voting to protect tax loopholes for corporations that outsource American jobs overseas, and voting to bailout the big banks on Wall Street with $850 billion of taxpayer money. The plan also builds on Callahan's successes as mayor of Bethlehem.
“As a Mayor, I helped attract over 5,000 new jobs to Bethlehem and cut the city's debt by over $60 million, and today I am laying out my plan to spur job creation and repair the damage caused by a years of failed economic policies that were supported by Congressman Dent,” said Mayor John Callahan. “Wall Street has enough Congressmen, I want to be the Lehigh Valley’s Congressman.”
Callahan's Five Point Jobs Plan:
1. Eliminate tax loopholes for corporations that outsource our jobs overseas or use off-shore accounts to avoid paying their fair share.
2. Provide tax credits for small businesses that hire new employees.
3. Make college more affordable and job training more available.
4. Cut wasteful spending and reduce the national debt in order to reassure financial markets.
5. Cut the red tape and bureaucracy that holds small businesses back.